Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Sabbatical

 




Sabbatical. That’s about the only word I can think of for my state of mind today.  I’ve read

stories of people who headed out for their big journey, only to be detoured, given an unexpected

right turn and then needed to pursue that.  Surprise!  Surprise! Looks like that’s now me. 


Tomorrow morning I leave Billings for Casper, WY. I’ve booked a room for 30 days, maybe

more.  Some of my peeps indicated I might need to ‘pause’ to reflect on this new stage of

my life.  I’m definitely in ‘pause’ mode. I always said bicycling is a favorite mode of traveling

as it slows everything down. Allowing time to enjoy all the sights, smells, energies around me. 

But now I’m finding out that using a walking cane slows me down even further, placing me

literally in ‘pause’ mode.  


Why? I ask, and the answer feels like I need time to be aware of this paradigm shift as

it's occurring. Awareness of a “beingness” developing inside me, verses me doing an

activity on the external.  I’ve realized for some time that I was leaning toward this

“beingness”, but not now! Not when I’ve had this planned for 3 years, later on down

the timeline would be more convenient.  


The Universe seems to have a different schedule than mine.  I guess just following

my desires is not going to take me to my destination. Maybe my desire activates my

destination?  If any of this makes sense to anyone, let me know so I can know also. 

Namaste……

3 comments:

Wendy Sager Evanson, RN, LMT, RME, BMCP said...

Hey Bill
This is indeed the hero’s journey
You are embodying it perfectly
♥️

MearaJoy Norice said...

Dear fellow traveler Bill....thank you for sharing your insights along the path. . As I have learned over my 81 years...it’s about the journey, not the destination. You inspire each one both near & far to listen to the inner teacher & shine☀️✨💫🚲

Amy Putkonen said...

Awww, hang in there, Bill! Like I said in my previous comment, you are a brave soul. I haven't read all the posts yet, so I don't know what is to come, but if your body needs a break, best to listen.

Home

Haru's beautiful song, "Home'... Now going home Where buffalo don’t roam There might be a gnome …..shalom!! ...had to do it….on...