Friday, April 9, 2021

Bill is Ready to Ride

 

Before heading out of the city, he had to see the famous Gum Wall of Pike Place Market, where everyone - or millions of everyones - have placed their used gum in the alleyway. Did someone at any point say, disgusting? 


The journey so far has been eventful. Bill wrote in the first days on the train from Los Angeles to Seattle...

Apr 6, Tues - having coffee in observation car - gorgeous view with Mount Shasta while at the same time saw the only mile marker ‘333’ signifying the presence of the masters. The Pleiadian beings, thought to live inside the mountain in the 4th &5th dimensions, show me I am here as scheduled!!!  That and the babbling brook running alongside the train create quite the view at this moment!!!  Synchronicity abounds.    

Earlier, at the Pismo beach stop, a large farming water hauling truck hit our train - knocked the front end off the truck and busted the radiator - lost all its engine water.  The train inspectors had to come out, inspect the tracks and make sure they were okay. The local sheriff and other authorities were all involved.  We stopped for over an hour.
 
Then, I met a guy seating behind me on the train, who indicated he had an issue with his train ticket schedule - something about where he goes after Seattle.  Dias, was his name. I saw that he was discussing this with several other people on the train. And as I sat there listening, I had this vivid thought that this guy was going to need a place to sleep tonite as we get into Seattle at 8:30pm.  I told him I have a room already reserved and could offer him to join me.  He helped me get my bike stuff to my room (which I'd had to dismantle in Abq) and we were able to switch to a 2-Queen bedroom, rather than my one King so he could stay for 2 days and get his situation resolved.

He is a religious guy, the Lord instructs him every day, but 

somehow he ended up on this detour - via him wanting

to go Jerusalem!  We had some interesting chats on how

each of us found Jesus in our lives.  Alcohol was my

 experience to find spirituality after 20+ years of drinking.  

His was 10 gunshot wounds in his body!  I guess that 

would get my attention also.  He left this AM with a backpack 

- on foot - heading east - he trusts in the Lord to get him 

somewhere, sometime!!!!

……………..and the beat goes on…………


Yesterday determined my STUFF was way too much and heavy, I sent a 

large USPS box home.  Reality is setting in what is reasonable to carry along & what is too much.  Downsizing to a manageable level, I'll try this out for a few days as I'll be in Seattle.  Day 3 coming up now.  

 



April 8th 

Moved to the Green Tortoise Hostel @ 2pm today, bottom bunk with the window

open, sunny.  Have a young couple as roomies from Bolivia - both have

master's degrees - 26 & 32 years old - and traveling around the world, kinda. 

They work at the hostel so get free rent.  I get free breakfast in am - coffee available 24/7. 

Had lunch @ pike’s fish market - Athenian - seafood omelet with salmon, cod,

shrimp - yummmooo!!, had to ask for hot sauce though used to it now from NM. 

 

My room at the Hostel is upstairs, up a long flight of stairs, somebody had to

carry my bike up.  Not going to take it down again till I leave, won’t be traveling

much now here.  This is so miraculous how the kinda people I’m running into. 

Got another day yet tomorrow.  


April 9th 

Last evening in the hostel, my roomies, Barbra & Diego had to take their turn

to make the evening meal for the staff.  Brought me some leftover pizza and

a muffin.  Perks for having awesome roommates.  This hostel is in excellent

condition, clean & well run.  Free breakfast in the am - cereal & bagel - if you

want you can make some eggs yourself.  Took a long walk today to find my

route onto the trails in am - plus, I got some coaching from Kimberly to get

my shit together with the maps she made for me.  My initial idea 3 years ago

was to just get a map and follow it.  But her insight saw it was a lot more

involved & completed.  I need a good navigator for my ventures, thank god!!

So yes, talking to him tonight I could hear that he's ready to move on. Bill has had enough rest in the busy-ness of city life and is ready to have someone help him carry his bike back down 3 flights of stairs to begin his journey for real tomorrow, his first real biking day, where he'll skirt the city along the bay for 8 miles up to a nice Airbnb off of the Burke-Gilman Trail for one night before he'll take the next leg of it the 13 miles North along Lake Washington to Bothell. Safe journey, my love. Thank you all for sending love and great energy his way.



4 comments:

lindalou said...

Hooray! I am so excited for him. Safe travels, Bill! ❤

Annie said...

Loved reading all of this! Safe travels, dear Bill!

Terri said...

Oh what a great beginning! Wishing you safe travels and wonders!

Terri said...

Oh what a great beginning! Wishing you safe travels and wonders!

Home

Haru's beautiful song, "Home'... Now going home Where buffalo don’t roam There might be a gnome …..shalom!! ...had to do it….on...