Monday, April 26, 2021

The Hotel

 

Cowboy (rough) country -- the hotel manager, Liz, was telling me that because

the motel is right off the freeway it was used as a stopping off joint for

trafficking - drugs, parties, prostitution, etc.  Now, no locals with a Casper

address are allowed to rent a room. You must show an ID that is from out

of state. There seem to be many motel/hotels in this town. Hmmm.

My room is outside the manager’s office so we are on a first-name basis

around here.  Always asked if I need anything.  This morning was the first

open breakfast since the pandemic last year.  I have waffles, yogurt, bagels,

cereal, fruit, etc - so things are looking up now. Nice to have food. Anything

other than just coffee.  

Had a couple oriental massage/bodywork sessions and my back sounded

like rice krispies “snap, crackle, pop”.  Orientals don’t seem to value pain

as a limiting factor for treatment - at least not from my experience in the past. 

A little relief in piriformis, quads and hamstring, but still have pain walking,

not bicycling.  

Surprisingly, as I am reading my journal, I’m realizing how what I wrote

3 years ago is fitting for my current situation, as if I wrote it for this time. 

Space/time is definitely on a warp speed mode because it does not make

any sense anymore - I left the Seattle train station eons ago - no reality at

all of time for me!!  Some days I can't recall what I did in the morning unless

I think about it - what did I do?  

Anyway, processing my ‘innerts’ and staring at the ceiling is becoming quite

the pastime!!  Chakra music is very soothing & helpful during the evenings.

I can run a few hours on some of the youtube videos.

NAMASTE.

3 comments:

rickclick said...

The more you're in the now the less real is the past and future. Yes, the Asian bodywork can be painful. In some cultures if it doesn't hurt it's not being effective, especially Korean.

Barb Dewell said...

I've wondered what it would be like to live in Wyoming but I've never been there. I'm looking forward to seeing if you find anything interesting in your location. It sounds like you're taking good care of yourself. :)

lindalou said...

Some hotels here don't allow locals either.

Home

Haru's beautiful song, "Home'... Now going home Where buffalo don’t roam There might be a gnome …..shalom!! ...had to do it….on...